“TIRAR $3,000 DOOR HANDLE” COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Entry is only open to individuals aged 14 or over living in Australia. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The Promoter is Tirar Australia Pty Limited (ABN 85 609 662 491) of 34 Park Avenue, Waitara NSW 2077. Telephone (02) 9487 2086
How to enter
5. During the Promotional Period the Promoter will use a landing page www.tirar.com.au /URL to encourage entrants to enter the giveaway via their entry form. People will be asked on the entry form to answer “Push or pull? What do you prefer when opening a door and why?”. (in 25 words or less)
6. To enter you must:
a. Answer the question “Push or pull? What do you prefer when opening a door and why?” in 25 words or less, and;
b. Provide full name, email, phone number (optional), postcode and industry
7. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject any entries which do not comply with these Terms and Conditions and will not provide any reasons for rejection. Entries that do not comply with these Terms and Conditions of entry will be deemed invalid and are not eligible to win the prize.
When to enter and Judging of Entries
8. The Promotion Period commences 10/04/2019 at 12.00pm and closes on 24/04/2019 at 11:59pm. (“Promotional Period”).
9. All valid entries eligibility received during the Promotional Period, will be judged against the Judging Criteria the next working day following the Closing Date.
10. The winners of the prize will be notified via email within 5 working days of the Closing Date. Once the winner has responded the winner will also be published on www.facebook.com/studiotirar and on the landing page.
11. All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are AEDST (or AEST when Daylight Savings ends). Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the close date and time of the Promotional Period to be eligible to win the prize.
12. Should the Promoter receive low or no entries to the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to extend the Promotion closing date.
13. There one (1) Prize to be won. The winner of the Prize will be the best valid entry as judged by the judging panel, having regard to the creativity of their answer (“Judging Criteria”). All judging of valid entries will be undertaken by the Promoter or the Promoters agent or representative. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, select a replacement winner from the valid entries in the event that a winner cannot satisfy any element of these Terms and Conditions.
Number of Entries permitted
15. One entry per entrant is permitted, and each must comply with these Terms and Conditions.
16. Each entrant is only eligible to win one (1) prize.
Prize on offer
17. The winner’s prize is a 1200mm long Back to back door pull in Axolotl ingrain finish in bronze colour (“Prize”). Please note that the colour can vary slight due to the natural characteristic of the timber. The prize is valued at AUD $3,000.00. The winner has the option to choose as an alternative a standard American Oak finish which is of lesser value. Total prize pool is AUD $3,000.00.
18. Winners’ will receive their prize within 8 weeks of being notified as a winner.
19. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted after making reasonable attempts and therefore forfeits the Prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
20. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner to claim the prize or if the winner is unable to attend any element of the prize, including attending on the date and time set out above, the winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, select a replacement winner from the valid entries.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
23. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with the prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
25. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. All prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable for cash.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant and (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website or SMS service is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Telecommunications provided and / or Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of the prize.