About this Policy
For the purposes of this Policy, a reference to “our”, “us” or “we” is a reference to Tirar; and a reference to “you” is a reference to a prospective, past or current customer or client of Tirar or other person from whom we collect and handle personal data. The specific legal obligations of Tirar when collecting and handling your personal data are governed by a range of legislation. In particular, the Australian Privacy Act 1988, and the General Data Protection Regulation in the European Union (EU). We will update our Policy when data handling practices change. Updates will be published on our website and, if we hold your email address, notified to you via email.
Collection of Your Personal Data
We collect the following types of personal data:
- As a prospective, past or current customer or client, we may collect data such as your name, address, email address, country of residence, phone number, signature, company or business name, billing address, credit or other bank card details, including name, card number, expiry date and CVV/CVC, and details about your enquiry.
This data may be collected by email, telephone, by an enquiry submitted through our website, at trade shows, from publicly available information such as your website, from third parties such as our distributors, and similar such methods.
- As a supplier, we may collect data such as your name, ABN, contact information, signature and your title/role at the business whose services we are using.
This data may be collected by email, telephone, at trade shows, from publicly available information such as your website, from information provided by you such as a brochure or tax invoice, from third parties such as our distributors, and similar such methods.
- As a prospective, past or current employee, we may collect data such as your name, ABN, contact information, signature, employment and other vocational experience, academic history, tax file numbers and bank account details.
- As a prospective, past or current employee, we may also collect health information, including information collected during general health assessments, project specific medical assessments, and drug and alcohol screenings.
- As a referee for a prospective employee, we may collect data such as your name, contact information and your title/role at the business or educational institution in which you work/ed.
This data may be collected by email, telephone, by an enquiry submitted through our website or third-party websites such as Seek or LinkedIn, from information provided by you such as your CV, and similar such methods.
Details of your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs or affiliations, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, sexual orientation or practices and/or criminal record may be revealed to us throughout the recruitment process or during your employment with us. However, we do not actively collect or store this data unless it is included in documents submitted as part of your employment application.
This data is anonymous and is not linked to the name or identity of a user.
Why We Collect Your Personal Data
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal data for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you, as a prospective, past or current client, supplier, employee, or referee of a prospective employee;
- for internal business administrative purposes;
- for you to access and use our website;
- for analytical, market research or business development purposes, including to improve our website and your experience;
- for marketing and advertising purposes, including to send you newsletters and promotional information, but only where you have opted to receive such newsletters and promotional information;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes we may have; and
- to consider an employment application.
How We Store Your Personal Data
Your personal data is stored securely and indefinitely on our servers in Australia. We may also store some personal data physically in secured filing cabinets in our offices, for example, employment data. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures that are designed to protect personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, use and modification. However, you acknowledge that despite the measures we have implemented, the transmission of any data over the internet is not without risk.
Cookies and Analytics
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, see here.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to:
- anyone, with your consent;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- anyone we believe, in good faith, requires your personal data in complying with or as a result of a law, regulation, legal process, court order or subpoena;
- third party service providers that are providing a service to you which is ancillary or of benefit to the service that we provide to you, for example, IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, data analytics providers, debt collectors, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you; and
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcements officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
We request that all third parties handle your personal data in accordance with this Policy and in compliance with the principles set out in Australian and EU legislation and regulations.
- Your personal data will:
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner by us;
- only be collected and used for the specific purposes outlined above;
- be processed in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected;
- be kept up to date, where possible and within our control to do so;
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you, but only for so long as necessary for the purposes for which the personal data was collected; and
- be processed securely and in a way that protects against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage;
- We will comply with notification requirements should your personal data be the subject of a data breach; and
- Where valid, we will comply with your requests to access, correct, restrict and erase personal data we hold about you.
Choice and consent:
You have the right to refrain from providing your personal data to us, however, if you do, it may affect your ability to use our website, products and services, and to communicate with us. By providing personal information to us, you consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal data in accordance with this Policy. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have, and you warrant to the extent permitted by law to us that you have, your parent or legal guardian’s permission to access and use our website and they (your parent or guardian) have consented to you providing us with your personal data.
If you are a third party providing personal data about somebody else, you represent and warrant that you have such person’s consent to provide the personal data to us.
You have the right to obtain confirmation that we collect, hold and use your personal data, and a copy of your personal data that we hold.
You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified and incomplete personal data completed, where relevant.
You have the right to have personal data that we hold about you erased, in circumstances where:
- the personal data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected;
- you have withdrawn your consent (where consent was the sole basis for us holding the data);
- you object to the use of your personal data for the purpose of direct marketing;
- we have collected, held or used your personal data unlawfully; or
- we are legally compelled to erase the data.
Restriction of processing:
You have the right to limit and restrict the way we use your personal data (as an alternative to the data being erased), in circumstances where:
- you would like to verify the accuracy of the personal data that we hold about you;
- we have collected, held, or used your personal data unlawfully, and you request restriction of the data as opposed to erasure;
- we no longer need your personal data but you have requested we continue to hold it in order for you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; or
- you dispute our right to use your personal data.
You have the right to receive personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format, and to request that we transmit the data directly to another party, in circumstances where we carry out the processing of your personal data by automated means (that is, excluding paper files).
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data.
If you believe we are in breach of Australian or EU privacy laws and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office, or the equivalent office in your jurisdiction, if you wish to make a complaint.
How to Contact Us
You can contact us by sending an email or letter to our Privacy and Data Protection Officer:
Post: 34 Park Avenue, Waitara NSW 2077, Australia